What is Level Up! With Skills Canada ?
Level Up! is a national, FREE, one-day interactive virtual career exploration event for students, apprentices, and other career seekers. Skills Canada works with its Member Organizations, industry and education partners and other stakeholders to provide an engaging and fun environment to learn about jobs that attendees may not have considered.
Level Up! With Skills Canada 2022
Thursday, February 24
9:00am to 4:00pm EST
- Attendees can sign in using the “Login” button at the top right-hand corner after registering. Use your registered email to login
- If you have any questions, please visit our Help Desk or connect with our Skills Canada team using the chat
- Come back and visit the event for three months following the event date (chat disabled after February 24)
What can you expect at Level Up! With Skills Canada?
- Get your first view of the Skills Canada Virtual National Competition
- Watch for scavenger hunt items
- Find the entrance to the rooms you can access throughout the day
Prize Centre and Leaderboard
- Learn how to win great prizes
- Find information on how to gain rewards for completing checkpoints (many points to be earned)
- Take part in the scavenger hunt
- Click the “Trivia Challenge” tab in the navigation bar to begin the trivia challenge. Answering these trivia questions from our partners will earn you points
- Don’t forget to fill out the survey, (tab at the top) to earn final points for the day
- Check out the Agenda to see the full viewing schedule
- Earn points while you watch informative videos
- Look for scavenger hunt items to add points to your Leaderboard
- participate in one of our engaging activities from home or your classroom. Find descriptions (including time and material requirements) HERE to see how students, teachers, and other visitors can follow along! It will be fun for everyone! Post your finished product using our hashtag #LevelUpWithSkills and tag us for it to appear on the event Media Wall!
- Skills for Success Accessibility and Inclusion Session with Marco Pasqua. This will be a live webinar and pre-registration is required. Registration details to come.
- Engage with over 40 national industry and education partners through text chat
- Find answers to the Trivia Challenge in select partner booths
- Check out the videos, documents and links provided by our partners. Find something interesting? Add it to your swag bag.
- Keep your eye out for scavenger hunt items
Skills Canada Hall
- Meet your local Skills Canada representatives and learn about their programs in your province or territory
- Visit the Skills for Success booth
- Keep your eyes open for scavenger hunt items
Social Media Wall
- Tag Skills/Competences Canada while using the hashtag #LevelUpWithSkills on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter to appear on our moderated social media wall
Information on prizes and ways to earn points are listed below.
|Booths (Exhibit Hall / Skills Canada Hall)||Points|
|Booth Visits||5 points for select booths|
|View a Document||2 points|
|View a Video||2 points|
|Chat - Post a thoughtful question or comment||5 points|
|Add an item to your swag bag||5 points|
|Submit Survey||15 points|
|Trivia Score||25 points per correct answer|
|Sessions (Skills for Success Stage)|
|Skills for Success Activities||25 points each|
|Other videos||5 points each|
|Find Hidden Items||5 points per item|
1st: Nintendo Switch Mario Kart and TV Package: Includes Nintendo Switch Console, Mario Kart Deluxe Game, an extra set of Joy Con Controllers, and a 32” Android TV ($780 Value)
2nd: Lego Code and Control Robotics Kit ($450 Value)
3rd: Cooking Package: Includes Always Pan, utensil, and cookbook ($255 Value)
Classroom Prize Pack (3 to be won!):
Wanting to explore skilled trades and technology careers with your students? We have a number of classroom activities to get your students thinking about the skills required to succeed in a trade or technology occupation.
Skills for Success kits come ready for you to explore Skills for Success in your classroom!
Each prize will include 20 SFS kits for your classroom ($500 Value)
SFS kits are based on the following activities:
Thank you and enjoy the event!
At this interactive virtual event partners will have the opportunity to:
- Connect with youth from across Canada to promote your trade, technology and brand
- Network and connect with industry, education and government partners
- Participate in panel discussions about skilled trade and technology careers
- Take part in the scavenger hunt by submitting an image for visiting students to find
- Take part in trivia by submitting custom questions for visiting students to answer
- Attend the Q&A session with SCC’s National Board of Directors
For more information about this event, please contact Patrick LeClair at firstname.lastname@example.org
Member Organization Partners
Centre of Excellence for Energy
Certified Technicians and Technologists Association of Manitoba
College of the North Atlantic
FWS Group of Companies
Industry Training Authority BC
Northern Group of Companies
Nova Scotia Apprenticeship Agency
Nova Scotia Community College
PEI Construction Association
Trouve ton métier
Workplace Safety and Insurance Board Ontario
Level Up! was held on February 25, 2021
What a great success! Level Up! with Skills Canada was our first interactive virtual event. Over 2,400 visitors from across Canada signed in to the vFairs platform on the day of the event to engage with sponsors and Skills Canada Member Organizations. The scavenger hunt and Trivia Challenge was a huge incentive for students to participate and learn about skilled trade and technology occupations.
During Level Up! we hosted two live sessions: the Skills Canada National Board of Directors and SCC’s Partners Roundtable and the Essential Skills Accessibility and Inclusion Session.