REGISTRATION IS OPEN FOR THE SKILLS CANADA NATIONAL COMPETITION (MAY 28 AND MAY 29).
SCHOOL GROUP REGISTRATION WILL CLOSE ON MAY 18, 2020.
TRAVEL ASSISTANCE (COMING SOON)
The Skills Canada National Competition (SCNC) is a great opportunity for students to learn about skilled trades and technology careers through hands on activities and inspiring presentations. There are many interesting and lucrative careers in the trades and technologies on which the Canadian economy depends. In fact, many of these jobs are in high demand! Exposing students to these opportunities early on is a key factor in broadening their career prospects and ensuring they understand the importance of acquiring Essential Skills while in school.
- Free event: open to the public on competition days (May 28 and May 29)
- Thousands of student visitors and spectators
- Over 40 competitions, representing six sectors
- Over 550 competitors from across Canada
- Industry celebrities will be on site
- Essential Skills Stage – interactive demonstrations by various stakeholder groups and celebrities designed to highlight the importance of Essential Skills.
- “Career Zone” featuring exhibitors and sponsored Try-A-Trade® and Technology activities
- New in 2020: “Technology Zone” featuring exhibitors and sponsored Try-A-Trade® and Technology activities along with several of SCNC’s competitions in the Information Technology Sector
- Over 50 Try-A-Trade® and Technology activities: visitors put their skills to the test and get a feel for the trades, such as bricklaying, electrical wiring and cooking. (View SCNC 2019 Activities)
SCNC student visitors’ testimony:
“It was more interesting than what I had imagined and I now am thinking of possible options for the future”
“It is interesting and it gave me choices of things I had never thought were possible and some things I had never seen”
We hope you can join us!
Additional Resources and Documents: