Tanner Tendler - 21
I chose a career in a skilled trade because I have always liked working with my hands especially on mechanical things. I specifically chose to pursue a career as a heavy vehicle technician because I really enjoy working on large equipment and being in a trade that offers vast opportunities. I would love to open up my own shop one day.
I have always looked up to my father. He is my inspiration to be the best I can be. He passed away in 2005, when I was nine, so I know first hand how short life can be and how important it is not to take anything for granted.
I believe the most utilized Essential Skill in my field is document use. The documents explaining the procedures are very specific, therefore I have to ensure to read these carefully before executing my work.
- Alberta Provincial Skills Canada Competition 2015
- Alberta Provincial Skills Canada Competition 2016, Qualified as a Team Canada 2017 Prospect
- Skills Canada National Competition 2016
- Participated in EuroSkills 2016 in Gothenburg Sweden
- WorldSkills Team Canada Trials: Medicine Hat College, February 11-14, 2017