Skills/Compétences Canada has partnered with Let’s Talk Science and Engineers Canada to offer an exciting opportunity to engage students in career discovery and exploration on the ChatterHigh platform. This offers an opportunity for students from across Canada to discover careers in the skilled trades and technologies while having fun!
Students can answer a 10 question quiz each day to earn points and explore thousands of career options. The schools with the highest ranking at the end of each round will win a cash prize, and the students who answered the most questions right will also win personal cash bursaries! There are $32,500 in cash prizes available to be won!
Check out these eight expert tips to excel in this competition!
- Be an early quizzer to get a sense of the platform and set up your class before the competition.
- Take advantage of the resources and support available to easily incorporate Let’s Talk Careers into lesson plans and engage students.
- Add exploration into your daily routine to encourage active learning and motivation among students.
- Explain the benefits and rewards to both students and parents, fostering a healthy competitive spirit.
- Share the rankings with colleagues, parents, and students, to boost motivation and engagement.
- Tell parents about Let’s Talk Careers and strengthen your parent-teacher relationship.
- Quiz yourself and explore resources to facilitate informed classroom discussions and get a chance to win exciting prizes for your school.
- Turn the competition into a fundraiser to unite the school community around a common cause and elevate their spirit.
For more information and to participate, click here.