Welcome to Skills/Compétences Canada’s new and improved online presence!
Skills/Compétences Canada (SCC) is proud of the new website which highlights our programs, initiatives, and events. On this platform, we promote and profile skilled trade and technology occupations, and engage Canada’s future skilled workforce. It’s a great site for career exploration and skills development in the trades and technologies.
There are many new features including:
- A modern look and feel with the user experience being top of mind;
- A calendar of events with details on events which will be hosted by SCC and its Member Organizations and partners;
- An interactive map which highlights the numerous training institutions from across the country, for the occupational areas featured at the Skills Canada National Competition;
- A Skills for Success section (formerly Essential Skills) with additional resources such as downloadable workbooks which can be used in the workplace or classroom;
- A resource section which includes many event and competition documents such as past projects completed during previous Skills Canada National Competitions, promotional materials and more;
- A section on ‘how to get involved’ featuring volunteer opportunities and alumni stories and
- Accessibility tools to help individuals with disabilities better navigate the website.
I would like to thank everyone for their continued support and involvement in the skills movement including our partners, alumni, Member Organizations and volunteers. SCC is proud to continue #CreatingPossibilities for our country’s youth and their communities.