Save the date for the 26th Skills Canada National Competition!
Vancouver Convention Centre
May 28 – 29, 2020
With its location near the mouth of the Fraser River and on the waterways of the Strait of Georgia, Howe Sound, Burrard Inlet, and their tributaries, Vancouver has, for thousands of years, been a place of meeting, trade and settlement. It is consistently named as one of the top five worldwide cities for livability and quality of life. Winters in Greater Vancouver are the fourth mildest of Canadian cities after nearby Victoria, Nanaimo and Duncan, all on Vancouver Island.
Through SCNC, Skills/Compétences Canada promotes skilled trade and technology careers to Canadian youth. The Skills Canada National Competition is our flagship event and is an ideal way to connect with students and apprentices!
- Approximately 7,500 student visitors
- Over 50 Try-A-Trade® and Technology activities
- Over 40 skill competitions representing six sectors: Construction; Employment; Information Technology; Manufacturing and Engineering; Transportation; Service
- Over 550 secondary and post secondary competitors from across Canada
- HGTV celebrities Kate Campbell and Sebastian Clover will be on site
- Tie-in to the importance of the nine Essential Skills in the skilled trades and technologies
- Essential Skills stage: partners can highlight their trade or technology through interactive demonstrations during the two days of competition
- Dedicated “Career Zone” where over 60 industry partners will demonstrate their brand or trade through interactive activities with visitors
- VIP networking events attended by corporate sponsors, educators, national and provincial industry partners, labour and government stakeholders
- Selection year for WorldSkills Team Canada 2021 to compete at the WorldSkills Competition being held in Shanghai, China
Skills/Compétences Canada invites you to be a part of our Competition as a Career Exhibitor.
Register now and receive a $100 Early Bird discount!
Over 60 of Canada’s top employers, associations, labour groups, training institutes and government partners will comprise the Career Zone with exhibit booths and interactive activities for all attendees.
Included in each 10’ x 10’ exhibit space:
- One (1) skirted 6’ table
- Two (2) folding chairs
- One (1) 110V electrical outlet
- Three (3) foot side drape and eight (8) foot back drape
- Lunch on Competition days
- Access to Opening and Closing Ceremonies and the hospitality suite