OTTAWA, ONTARIO, October 25, 2022 – Skills/Compétences Canada is officially launching National Skilled Trade and Technology Week (NSTTW) on Tuesday, November 1st, at Red River College Polytechnic, Notre Dame Campus, Winnipeg, Manitoba.
What: Official Launch of National Skilled Trade and Technology Week (NSTTW)
This event generates awareness about the opportunities in skilled trade and technology sectors for students, educators, and industry. Approximately 500 students from local middle schools and high schools will participate in several interactive Try-A-Trade® and Technology activities hosted by educators and industry experts.
Who: Speakers (Biographies and photos are available in the media kits)
- Patrick Rouble, President of Skills/Compétences Canada
- Shaun Thorson, Chief Executive Officer of Skills/Compétences Canada
- The Honourable Jon Reyes, Minister of Advanced Education, Skills, and Immigration
- Jamie McMillan, Founder of KickAss Careers
When: Tuesday, November 1, 2022
- 8:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.: Networking breakfast
- 9:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.: Approximately 500 students from local high schools and middle schools from the Winnipeg area will participate in several interactive Try-A-Trade® and Technology activities.
Where: Red River College Polytechnic, Notre Dame Campus, Winnipeg, Manitoba.
RSVP: Media are asked to confirm their attendance in advance by contacting our Media Contact, Michèle Rogerson at 613-266-4771, firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Skills/Compétences Canada
Skills Canada was founded in 1989 as a national, not-for-profit organization with partner Skills Canada organizations in each of the provinces/territories that work with employers, educators, labour groups and governments to promote skilled trade and technology careers among Canadian youth. Its unique position among private and public-sector partners enables it to work toward securing Canada’s future skilled labour needs while helping young people discover rewarding careers. Skills Canada offers experiential learning opportunities including skilled trade and technology competitions for hundreds of thousands of young Canadians through regional, provincial/territorial, national and international events, as well as skilled trade awareness programs. Headquartered in Ottawa, Ontario, Skills/Compétences Canada is the Canadian member organization of WorldSkills.