- This event has passed.
Skills Canada National Competition 2023
The countdown is on for the 2023 Skills Canada National Competition (SCNC)!
Check out SCNC 2023 on May 25 and 26, at the RBC Convention Centre, in Winnipeg, MB.
The Skills Canada National Competition is an ideal way for tomorrow’s workforce to discover new and exciting careers. The Skills Canada National Competition is the only national, multi-trade and technology competition for students and apprentices in the country. Each year, more than 550 competitors from all regions of Canada come to SCNC to participate in over 40 skilled trade and technology competitions.
At SCNC, thousands of students visit the competition floor and discover the exciting and rewarding careers that are available in the skilled trades and technologies through interactive Try-A-Trade® and Technology activities, by visiting exhibitor booths, and engaging with industry professionals. Join us in #CreatingPossibilities for our country’s youth. School registrations are open and bus subsidies are available! Sign up your class!
This year, Skills/Compétences Canada is bringing three new initiatives to SCNC!
First, we will be hosting a NEW! Skills Symposium where industry, government and education will have the opportunity to meet, exchange and share knowledge. This year’s theme is: Embracing Adaptability: Navigating Change in the Skilled Trades and Technologies. Some of the topics that will be presented include engaging diverse communities, recruiting and retention, sustainability and so much more! Register here.
Second, the NEW! Skills Showcase featuring First Nations, Inuit and Métis Skills. This showcase will allow thousands of visitors to explore First Nations, Inuit, and Métis skills by taking part in activities such as flat stitch beading, soapstone carving, building mini tipis, and constructing Inuit yo-yos! See how these skills align with different competition areas seen at the Skills Canada National Competition, such as fashion technology and carpentry. Learn more.
And lastly, the NEW! Empowering Women in Trades initiative will bring together industry partners to show young women the incredible careers that are available in the skilled trades. Learn more.
Some of the highlights for SCNC 2023 include:
- Free event: open to the public and registered school visitors on competition days (May 25 and 26)
- Over 550 competitors participating in 45 competitions representing six sectors: Construction, Employment, Information Technology, Manufacturing & Engineering, Services, and Transportation
- Over 50 Try-A-Trade® and Technology activities for visitors to learn and experience careers in the skilled trades and technologies
- Approximately 10,000 student visitors
- Skills for Success activities highlighting this year’s theme: Adaptability
- NEW! Skills Showcase featuring First Nations, Inuit, and Métis skills
- NEW! Skills Symposium attended by national and provincial industry partners, labour and government stakeholders and educators
- NEW! Empowering Women in Trades initiative highlighting opportunities in the skilled trades
- Various initiatives targeted at underserviced groups such persons with disabilities, First Nations, Inuit, and Métis, new Canadians, women and the 2SLGBTQIA+ communities
- Exhibitor and industry professionals’ booths
- A high energy Opening and Closing Ceremony that celebrates youth and excellence in skilled trade and technology occupations (May 24 and 27). Tickets available for purchase.
- Industry celebrity attendance and participation.
We hope that you will join us in Winnipeg, Manitoba, for these impactful events. Stay tuned throughout the year for more information on SCNC 2023 Winnipeg. #SCNC2023
Canada’s best talent in skilled trades and technologies gather to compete in:
- Industrial Mechanics
- Car Painting
- Precision Machining
- Landscape Gardening
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning
- Mechanical Engineering CAD
- IT Network Systems Administration
- CNC Machining
- Graphic Design Technology
- IT Office Software Applications
- Sheet Metal Work
- Heavy Vehicle Technology
- Autobody Repair
- 3D Digital Game Art
- Aerospace Technology
- Architectural Technology & Design
- Outdoor Power and Recreation Equipment
- Web Technologies
- Electrical Installations
- Sprinkler Fitter
- Industrial Control
- Video Production
- Mobile Robotics
- Job Search
- Job Skill Demonstration
- Public Speaking
- 3D Character Computer Animation
- Fashion Technology
- 2D Character Computer Animation
- Workplace Safety
- Automobile Technology
- Cloud Computing
Click here for the list of our partners who support this event