Level Up! with Skills Canada
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. EST
What a great success! Level Up! with Skills Canada was our first interactive virtual event. Over 2,400 visitors from across Canada signed in to the vFairs platform on the day of the event to engage with sponsors and Skills Canada Member Organizations. The scavenger hunt and Trivia Challenge was a huge incentive for students to participate and learn about skilled trade and technology occupations.
During Level Up! we hosted two live sessions: the Skills Canada National Board of Directors and SCC’s Partners Roundtable and the Essential Skills Accessibility and Inclusion Session. The Essential Skills session and other Level Up! sessions are still available for viewing in the platform auditorium. The Level Up! with Skills Canada platform will stay live for three months.
Feel free to review the event stats
Skills/Compétences Canada, its 13 provincial and territorial Member Organizations and over 60 of their industry, education and government partners want to invite you to this one-day interactive FREE virtual event. Explore your career!
Visit the national office Essential Skills booth, as well as Skills Canada Member Organization representatives from Ontario, Québec, Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Saskatchewan, Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick, the Northwest Territories, Nunavut and the Yukon.
At this interactive virtual event partners will have the opportunity to:
- Connect with youth from across Canada to promote your trade, technology and brand
- Network and connect with industry, education and government partners
- Participate in panel discussions about skilled trade and technology careers and the importance of essential workers
- Take part in the scavenger hunt by submitting an image for visiting students to find
- Take part in trivia by submitting custom questions for visiting students to answer
- Attend the first-time Q&A session with SCC’s National Board of Directors
To register for this event, please contact Patrick LeClair at email@example.com
Student / Teacher Information
Student/Career Seeker Invitation
It’s easy to register, and it’s FREE! We welcome high school and post-secondary students as well as apprentices and career-seekers.
- Learn about career and education pathways in the skilled trades and technologies
- Find your employer by interacting with over 60 industry and education partners from across the country through text chat functions
- Participate in answering quiz questions from our partners and join the scavenger hunt for your chance to win great prizes for yourself and a prize pack for your school. The more points you earn by answering these questions, the more points accumulate for your school.
- Take part in our Trivia Challenge to win some great prizes!
Here’s how it works:
- Download the Trivia Challenge questions. Complete this challenge and you automatically earn your first 100 points on the Leaderboard
- Once you have submitted your completed challenge, we will give you an additional 25 points for each correctly answered question
- Find hidden images throughout the venue to earn additional points
- Every time you earn points for yourself on the leaderboard, you are also earning points for your school and a chance for them to bring home the School Prize PackIndividual prizes are:
- An all-expenses paid trip for two to the 2022 Skills Canada National Competition in Vancouver, British Columbia (Winner must agree to contest rules)*
- Xbox Series X*
- Beats Solo 3 Headphones*
Prize pack for schools* includes:
- DeWalt scroll saws and other partner donationsAll questions correctly answered will earn points for your school and a chance to win a prize pack.
For more details check out our prize flyer
- Listen to Trade and Tech chats featuring industry experts and Skills Canada alumni and learn about the variety of industry sectors and careers in each
- Meet your provincial or territorial Skills Canada Member Organization
- Learn about the 9 Essential Skills
- Take time to watch the session on Making Skills Accessible featuring keynote speaker Marco Pasqua
- Meet with HGTV celebrity guests and ask your questions
Watch for details on how you can participate in this fun and informative day!!
It's easy to register here
*Must be a resident of Canada or a Canadian school to qualify.
Essential Skills Accessibility and Inclusion Session
SCNC 2022 trip rules
Level Up! poster
Message for Attendees
SCC National Partners
ABC Life Literacy
Canadian Armed Forces
Canadian Lacrosse League
Canadian Nursery Landscape Association
CWB Welding Foundation
Let's Talk Science
Skills Canada Collision Repair Program
Thomas Skinner/Gene Haas Foundation
Volvo Construction Equipment
Member Organization Partners
|Amission FP |
College of the North Atlantic
Construction Association of PEI
Défi des recrues
Industry Training Authority
Manitoba Building Trades
NCC Investment Group
Nova Scotia Apprenticeship Agency
Nova Scotia Community College
Office to Advance Women Apprentices
Ontario Power Generation