The 24th Skills Canada National Competition
Edmonton EXPO Centre
June 4 – 5, 2018
The Skills Canada National Competition (SCNC) is the only national, multi-trade and technology competition for students and apprentices in the country. Every year, more than 500 young people from all regions of Canada come to SCNC to participate in over 40 skilled trade and technology competitions. By providing a forum where Canadian youth can compete at the national level, SCNC provides hands-on work experience related to skilled trade and technology careers. Through these competitions, Skills/Compétences Canada also seeks to raise awareness about skilled trade and technology sectors to Canadian youth and their influencers. Students must compete at local, regional and provincial/territorial events in order to represent their province/territory at SCNC.
Alberta’s capital city sits on the North Saskatchewan River. Its past is recreated at Fort Edmonton Park, a living history museum with an 1846 fort and streets from 1885, 1905 and 1920. Edmonton’s contemporary landmarks include the Royal Alberta Museum, with aboriginal-culture and natural-history galleries, and the futuristic-looking Art Gallery of Alberta, known for its First Nations art. Points of interest include the West Edmonton Mall, Fort Edmonton Park, and the Edmonton Valley Zoo. See more of what Edmonton has to offer here.
- Free event: open to the public on competition days (June 4 – 5)
- Over 40 competitions, representing six sectors
- Over 550 competitors
- Over 50 Try-A-Trade® and Technology activities for visiting youth
- Thousands of student visitors and spectators
- Professionally produced opening ceremony and closing ceremony with attendance of approximately 2,000 per event
- Essential Skills Stage – interactive demonstrations by various stakeholder groups and celebrities designed to highlight the importance of Essential Skills.
- Dedicated “Career Zone” featuring exhibitors and sponsored Try-A-Trade® and Technology activities
- Essential Skills Forum
- VIP events including opening and closing ceremony receptions; VIP tours; hospitality suite
Register now and exhibit at the only national competition for skilled trades and technologies that showcases Canada’s leading youth
Included in each 10′ x 10′ space:
One 6′ skirted table
One electrical outlet
Two hospitality passes that includes lunch on competition days and access to opening/closing ceremonies and the hospitality suite
May 27 – 30, 2019 Halifax, NS
May 27 – 30, 2020 Vancouver, BC