Vancouver Convention Centre
May 25 – 28
Competition days May 26 and 27
Skills/Compétences Canada is happy to be heading back to Vancouver in 2022 for the Skills Canada National Competition (SCNC).
With its location near the mouth of the Fraser River and on the waterways of the Strait of Georgia, Howe Sound, Burrard Inlet, and their tributaries, Vancouver has, for thousands of years, been a place of meeting, trade, and settlement. It is consistently named as one of the top five worldwide cities for livability and quality of life. Winters in Greater Vancouver are the fourth mildest of Canadian cities after nearby Victoria, Nanaimo and Duncan, all on Vancouver Island.
The Skills Canada National Competition (SCNC) is the only national, multi-trade and technology competition for students and apprentices in the country. Each year, more than 550 competitors from all regions of Canada come to SCNC to participate in over 40 skilled trade and technology competitions.
By providing a forum where Canadians can compete at the national level, SCNC provides hands-on work experience related to skilled trade and technology careers.
- Free event: open to the public on competition days (May 26 – 27)
- Over 40 competitions, representing six sectors: Construction, Employment, Information Technology, Manufacturing & Engineering, Services and Transportation
- Over 550 competitors
- Over 50 Try-A-Trade® and Technology activities for visiting youth
- Thousands of student visitors and spectators
- Professionally produced Opening and Closing Ceremonies with attendance of approximately 1,800 per event
- Skills for Success stage – interactive demonstrations by various stakeholder groups and industry celebrities designed to highlight the importance of Skills for Success
- “Career Zone” featuring exhibitors and sponsored Try-A-Trade® and Technology activities
- Skills for Success Youth Assembly
- Exclusive networking events, including Opening and Closing Ceremony receptions and Competition floor tours
Canada’s best talent in skilled trades and technologies gather to compete in:
Industrial Mechanics | Precision Machining | Mechatronics | Mechanical Engineering CAD | CNC Machining | IT Office Software Applications | Welding | Autobody Repair | Aerospace Technology | Plumbing | Electronics | Web Technologies | Electrical Installations | Industrial Control | Bricklaying | | Mobile Robotics | Cabinetmaking | Carpentry | Hairstyling | Aesthetics | Fashion Technology | Baking | Automobile Technology | Cooking | Car Painting | Landscape Gardening | Refrigeration and Air Conditioning | IT Network Systems Administration | Graphic Design Technology | Sheet Metal Work | Heavy Vehicle Technology | 3D Digital Game Art | Architectural Technology & Design | Outdoor Power and Recreation Equipment | Photography | Sprinkler Fitter | Steamfitter/Pipefitter | Video Production | Job Search | Job Skill Demonstration | Public Speaking | 3D Character Computer Animation | 2D Character Computer Animation | Workplace Safety | Cloud Computing
Level Up! with Skills Canada recap