Skills/Compétences Canada is Launching its Landscape Gardening Mini-Series – Skills Canada Turf Wars – Featuring Carson Arthur
OTTAWA, ONTARIO, April 16, 2018 – Skills/Compétences Canada is officially launching the Skills Canada: Turf Wars Landscape Gardening Mini-Series, in Edmonton, Alberta.
What: Launch of Skills Canada: Turf Wars Landscape Gardening Mini-Series
This event highlights the importance of careers in skilled trades and technology, with a special focus on landscape design, innovation, technology and its implementation in today’s world. It will also be an opportunity to promote the upcoming Skills Canada National Competition, which will be held in Edmonton, June 4 and 5, 2018.
Who: Keynote Speakers (Biographies and photos will be available in the media kits).
· Shaun Thorson, CEO of Skills/Compétences Canada
· Carson Arthur, International Landscape Gardener
· Alfred Nikolai, President and CEO, Habitat for Humanity
· Stephen Carleton, SCNC Charlottetown 2009 competitor in Landscape Gardening
When: Monday, April 30, 2018
· 7:45 am Registration
· 8:00 am: Networking Breakfast, which includes a viewing of the video trailer and highlights of each episode
· 8:30 am: Official Program with keynote speakers
· 9:30 am: Photo ops, Q & A and a Tour of the facility
Where: Habitat for Humanity’s Edmonton Fabrication Shop, 14135 128 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta
RSVP: Media are asked to confirm their attendance in advance by contacting Michèle Rogerson at the coordinates below.
About Skills/Compétences Canada
Skills/Compétences Canada was founded in 1989 as a national, not‐for‐profit organization that works with employers, educators, labour groups and governments to promote skilled trades and technology
careers among Canadian youth. Headquartered in Ottawa, Ontario, Skills/Compétences Canada is the Canadian member organization of WorldSkills. For more information, visit www.skillscanada.com.
MEDIA CONTACT: Michèle Rogerson, 613-266-4771, email@example.com.