In honor of National Volunteer Week, happening from April 24-30, 2022, Skills/Compétences Canada (SCC) would like to thank the hundreds of volunteers that dedicate their time and efforts to ensure SCC has successful events and programs. Each year we have approximately 750 volunteers that join us onsite to help us deliver the Skills Canada National Competition (SCNC).
SCNC is the only national, multi-trade and technology competition for students and apprentices in the country. During this two day competition, hundreds of competitors from across Canada compete in over 35 skilled trade and technology competitions, in six sectors. Thousands of student visitors and spectators will be onsite where they can watch the competition, participate in over 40 Try-A-Trade® and Technology activities and learn more about careers in the skilled trades and technologies. An event of this importance and magnitude could not be possible without the help of our dedicated volunteers!
A special thank you to our SCNC volunteers including:
- The National Technical Committee members who develop and oversee the projects for all the Skill Areas for SCNC, and are onsite to ensure the competition runs smoothly;
- The judges who adhere to strict guidelines to determine the SCNC competition winners;
- The Skill Area volunteers who assist the National Technical Committees for specific Skill Areas;
- SCC’s alumni, including the National Alumni Committee, who spread the word about skills throughout their communities and inspire youth across Canada to pursue a career in skilled trades or technologies by sharing their skills stories;
- All our other general event volunteers who are onsite during SCNC to assist the National Secretariat from everything from set-up, to registration and logistics, to the take down of the event, to help us deliver an impactful Skills Canada National Competition.
We are grateful for your support, dedication and hard work. You help us inspire our country’s youth to pursue a rewarding career in the skilled trades or technologies.
Discover how you can make a difference in your community by volunteering for Skills/Compétences Canada. For more information about upcoming volunteering opportunities and how you can get involved, visit: www.skillscompetencescanada.com.
REGISTER NOW to volunteer at the 2022 Skills Canada National Competition, in Vancouver!
Click here for more information about SCNC Vancouver 2022.